I’ve been testing the AutoSPinstaller recently and ran into an issue where I’d set the “Use SSL” flag on the Central Admin configuration, but had no certificate/didn’t actually want it to use SSL.
I figured I’d just run Set-SPCentralAdministration -Port <PortNumber> to resolve this issue – however this doesn’t change any of the AAMs, notably the default AAM for Central Admin.
Using the PowerShell script I found in the following blog post, the issue was resolved: http://tom-dw.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/removing-ssl-from-sharepoint-central.html
Be sure to change the URL and port number to suit your requirements.
#Load the SharePoint assembly [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Microsoft.SharePoint") #Get the central admin webapp $cAdmApp = [Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAdministrationWebApplication]::Local #Create a new alternate url $altUrl = New-Object "Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAlternateUrl" -ArgumentList "http://sp2013:8010", "Default" #Set this alternate url as response url $cAdmApp.AlternateUrls.SetResponseUrl( $altUrl ) $cAdmApp.AlternateUrls.Update() #Get the alternate urls definition, this should only list our //http://server:10000 url $cAdmApp.AlternateUrls