DCOM Event ID 10016 : Removable Storage Service
HP Dataprotector requires that the Removable Storage Service be disabled on each fibre attached host in order to stop Network Storage Routers being flooded, and interruption of Dataprotector activities.
By disabling this service you will find that the following event is logged on each host under the system event log every time a backup is run:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10016
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
to the user ECOMMERCE\svc_dpagent SID (S-1-5-21-2426429480-712720545-947854963-1642). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
In order to resolve this issue perform the following steps:
- Start > Run > dcomcnfg
- Expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer >DCOM Config
- Locate the ‘Removable Storage Manage’ object, right-click and select properties
- Select the location tab and uncheck the ‘Run application on this computer‘ box.
- Now backup and delete the following registery keys:
- Finally reboot the affected host.