Ran into a strange issue today with two Citrix servers, both suddenly started to exhibit extremely long logins of ~3 minutes - this initially meant that users could not access any published applications on the servers due to the default LogoffCheckerStartupDelayInSeconds timeout of 60 seconds. Sessions would start, hang at the "Welcome" stage of the Citrix application startup and then the session would terminate after 60 seconds.
We modified this registry key to 180 seconds and applications would then launch, workaround in-place, but what was really causing the issue?
After a LOT of troubleshooting it was discovered that there were 100+ profile folders on the servers. We scripted cleanup of these profiles using the script below, login times dropped to ~25 seconds.
Ran into an issue with our applictaiobn catalog site this week - no changes had been made, no certificates renewed etc. Not sure what triggered it!
A revised version of a script I found here:
Use this script in an SCCM package that contains MSU fuiles to mass install updates. You can include as many MSU files as you like.
Recently completed an R2 upgrade of a Primary Site with multiple Secondary Sites, as expected this was 'interesting.' I've captured our experiences below - hopefully this will be useful for someone else about to go through a similar excerise.
We're currently testing a Windows 2012 R2 DirectAccess deployment, part of this is includes a swathe of application testing. During this testing we found that SCCM clients were unable to download content from any DPs, meaning Software Deployment was failing when connected via DirectAccess. The solution is not suprising - you need to modify the SCCM Boundaries and ensure you have defined a boundary for your IPv6 Prefix, assigned to your DirectAccess clients.
To find the prefix, view the properties of a DirectAccess-enabled device in SCCM - you'll see the detected IPv6 prefixes within the captured properties. Simply add the correct prefix to your SCCM boundary configuration.